Type and Purpose of Collection: Herbologie collects information to facilitate the use of our webpage by you, our customer. On our webpage, we collect two types of information:
Information of a personal nature: To use some of the functions on our webpage, you will be asked to provide Personal Information from which you can be identified (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”). We will obtain your consent prior to collecting Personal Information. The purposes for the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- To process, deliver, bill for, and collect payment for purchase products or services;
- To facilitate your purchase with our affiliated service providers;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service; and
- To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions.
Herbologie expressly acknowledges that we will not use any Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent or as required by law. The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the webpage, but may include your name, address, email address, credit card information, credit information, and telephone number.
By signing up and entering your email address on our site you are consenting to receive Herbologie’s communication containing news, updates, and promotions.
We will use your contact details to send you a welcome email, to communicate with you in response to your inquiries, and to send you service-related announcements.
Marketing: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from Herbologie, we may use your contact details to send you general updates regarding Herbologie’s news, special offers and promotions. You may opt-out of receiving these updates at any time by following the opt-out instructions in the communication.
Withdrawal of Consent: We will not collect any Personal Information from you without your knowledge and consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose, and we will send you a confirmation email stating same.
You have the right to information regarding your personal account, including information that you've provided to us and information regarding each order via the Website. You may at any time request correction or erasure of your personal data, and object to any processing of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. It may not always be possible for us to comply with your request, for instance if we are under a legal obligation to maintain your personal information. You may also amend your personal details using your Herbologie account.
Sharing Information: Herbologie will only use your information in connection with the purposes described herein. Further, Herbologie will not sell, trade, or disclose to third parties any of the information collected on this webpage, except as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers: Herbologie may share your information with our affiliated service providers, with whom we are affiliated so as to better serve you. When Herbologie uses affiliated service providers, it requires them to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
- Where it is necessary to establish or collect fees
- Where required by law: Herbologie may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
- Protection of Your Information: We very seriously take our responsibility to protect the information that you are entrusting us with. As such, we limit access and use state of the art technologies to safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized intrusions. It should be noted that while we will do our utmost to protect your information, no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your personal information occur, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Right to Examine Information: You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine the information, please send us a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information.
- Children Under 13: Given our concern for the privacy of children, it is our policy not to collect information from children under the age of 13. Given the nature of our service and products, it is our policy preference to also not collect from individuals under the age of 18.
Third Party Disclosure: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate or provide the Service on our behalf (for example delivery and production facilities), to process payment, provide customer support, provide postal code information to our delivery drivers, to perform Website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Website's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually bound not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Our service providers store information in Canada and in the United States and accordingly your personal information may be available to Canadian and/or United States governments or agencies under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your personal information.
Security: Herbologie has taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of your personal data. We use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) as well as physical safeguards of the locations where data are stored. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information by you to Herbologie is at your own risk. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
Herbologie will disclose your personal information to the extent that this is legally required, or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and legal process; or in the event of an emergency pertaining to your health and/or safety.
If you register for an account, your credit card information is provided to our payment processing provider in order to process payments for your orders.
GENERATING MANAGEMENT INFORMATION AND STATISTICAL DATA
Herbologie uses your personal information in an anonymised and aggregated form to closely monitor which pages of the Website are most frequently visited and which features of the Service are used most, to analyze usage patterns and to determine where we should offer or focus our Service. We may share this information with third parties for industry analysis and statistics.
ADMINISTRATING PUBLIC FORUMS
The Website may offer publicly accessible blogs and community forums. If you choose to post a comment on such blogs or forums, we will ask for personal information such as your name and email address. You may provide us with just your first name or a pseudonym. Please be aware that the name you provide will be publicly posted and associated with your comment. Your email address will not be published. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us at email@example.com.
ADMINISTRATING JOB APPLICATIONS
If you wish to apply for a job on our Website we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and additional information such as a resume. We will use this information to process your application, determine your qualifications for the position for which you have applied and to contact you.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.